To discover a low cost electrical energy supplier, I like to recommend the comparability service of Verify24* – not solely as a result of they examine (so we solely must test at one place), but additionally as a result of Verify24 typically has particular low cost offers with the suppliers, supplying you with higher charges than on the suppliers instantly.
First, we have to give it some important information about our dwelling.
What’s my postal code?
You should enter your postal code in order that Verify24 can know which suppliers can be found at your home.
In case you don’t know your postal code: The only option to it’s test by way of Google Maps. Simply sort in your avenue and home quantity into the search subject, click on search, and Google will present you the postal code proper unter the search subject:
What’s my consumption?
That’s one of many trickiest query, filling entire discussion board threads and web sites.
However earlier than we start: You must know that they’re asking just for an estimation. It is just used for calculating you month-to-month pre-payments. However after a 12 months, you’ll obtain a invoice for you precise consumption, and successfully solely pay for that. Thus:
- in case your estimation was too low, you’ll pay the remainder,
- in case your estimation was too excessive, you’ll get a refund.
So don’t be frightened an excessive amount of about getting your estimation incorrect.
However now, some precise recommendations for making your estimation. In line with the information about family averages in Germany, the consumptions appear like this:
|Family dimension||no water heating||incl. water heating|
|1 particular person||1.600 kWh||2.100 kWh|
|2 individuals||2.300 kWh||3.400 kWh|
|Three individuals||3.100 kWh||4.400 kWh|
|Four individuals||4.000 kWh||5.500 kWh|
|5 individuals||4.500 kWh||6.700 kWh|
Nevertheless, I discover these numbers too excessive. For example me personally, dwelling in a (small) single-room condominium, with a laptop computer, wifi router, TV and lamps (however no washer) I solely devour 600 kWh per 12 months.
Thus: I’d suggest to make use of a decrease estimation than the desk tells you. And when you’re afraid it may be too low, merely avoid wasting further cash in a free financial savings account, and get some rate of interest till the precise yearly invoice arrives. 😉
The additional choices aren’t that essential.
- Inexperienced power will restrict the provides to sources like wind, photo voltaic, water and so on.
- use business when you’re ordering electrical energy e.g. in your workplace
- Bonuses: These are (largely one-time) bonuses, paid both by the supplier or by Verify24. I checked the outcomes each with and with out bonuses, and at present they make it on common solely 10% cheaper. I believe that’s not a lot, holding in thoughts that these bonuses are utilized just one time, for the primary 12 months. So I like to recommend looking out with out them.
Updating the outcomes
To replace the outcomes, click on Recalculate each time after you’ve up to date the shape.
Studying the outcomes desk
Within the desk, you see in each row a person supply. If a supplier has a number of provides, you see all of them in their very own row.
First on the left, you see the (estimated) worth for the entire 12 months. Proper subsequent to it, you may click on on (i) and you will notice the worth particulars. Crucial strains:
- Arbeitspreis professional kWh: Consumption worth per kWh (when you’d devour nothing, this may be 0)
- Grundpreis: Fundamental price per 12 months (will all the time be charged)
- Gesamtpreis im 1. Jahr: Complete worth within the first 12 months
- Geschätzter Abschlag: Estimated prepayment per 30 days
Utilizing these, you must be capable to resolve if that contract matches for you. For example, when you devour relatively lots, search for a low Arbeitspreis. Or when you occur to be away from dwelling typically, a low Grundpreis may be higher.
Contract time period
Within the center, there’s a listing of options of this contract. Crucial one is the contract time period. It may be between
In case you’re afraid a couple of lengthy contract time period (since you would possibly transfer out out of your place earlier), right here’s what you must now: Beneath German regulation, you may cancel an electrical energy contract earlier, when you transfer to a different place the place your present supplier shouldn’t be working, or the place your worth can be increased. So this shouldn’t be an issue.
Choose and order an electrical energy plan
To choose a plan, click on on proceed. A brand new web page opens and also you’re now on the server of Verify24.
Anbieterwechsel oder Neuanmeldung beantragen
This web page display screen is solely a welcome web page of Verify24. It says that you just’re about to order a brand new electrical energy contract, inside 5 minutes, and with no additional price.
Click on weiter to proceed.
Now enter your private information:
- E-Mail-Adresse: Your e-mail deal with
- E-Mail-Adresse wiederholen: Repeat your e-mail deal with
Ihre Lieferadresse (Stromabnahmestelle)
Right here enter your deal with the place the electrical energy shall be delivered to (i.e. deal with of your condominium in Germany).
- Anrede / Titel: Salutation (Herr = Mr., Frau = Ms.)
- Vorname / Nachname: First title / Final title
- PLZ / Ort: Postal code / metropolis (is already prefilled from the comparability type. If you should change it, return to the outcomes desk)
- cell phone quantity or landline
- Geburtsdatum: Your birthday (in DD.MM.YYYY format)
- Neueinzug: Whether or not you
- moved in newly (most likely sure),
- or when you already stay there, and simply wish to change your present supplier
- Artwork des Neueinzugs: Kind of shifting in
- Umzug: Another person already lived within the condominium earlier than (most likely sure)
- Erstbezug: You’re the first tenant within the (newly constructed) home
- Datum Neueinzug: Date of shifting in
- Abweichende Rechnungsadresse: If the invoice shall be despatched to one other deal with (most likely no)
- Zählernummer in neuer Wohnung: Variety of your electrical energy meter in your new condominium. Normally you’ll find it on the meter itself, typically additionally in your rental contract.
Zahlungsdaten: fee information
- Zahlungsart: sort of fee
- Lastschrift: direct debit. You month-to-month charge will probably be mechanically deducted out of your checking account (advisable, saves quite a lot of time)
- Überweisung: switch. It’s important to (manually) pay you month-to-month charge to the supplier.
In case you decide Lastschrift (direct debit), it’s a must to present your checking account particulars
- Your deal with
- Einwilligung zum SEPA-Lastschriftverfahren: That you simply conform to the direct debit process
You affirm your order right here, acknowledge that Verify24 will course of your information. And also you can change your thoughts and revoke your order inside 14 days.
Click on on Kauf abschließen to submit the order.
Alles klar? Then right here we go together with the comparability desk. In case you nonetheless have questions, ask within the feedback!
Verify24 electrical energy comparability device
(If the desk shouldn’t be correctly displayed, click on this hyperlink. *)
(Can’t see the shape above? Click on this hyperlink. *)
Hyperlinks marked with a star
are affiliate hyperlinks. In case you click on on such a hyperlink after which store or order one thing, I’ll obtain a fee in your buy. This doesn’t change the value for you.